The HD785-7 has a number of features to improve operational safety such as an advanced retarder braking system. With a capacity of 1,464 HP for continuous descent, the largest in its class and more than the engine power, this system ensures the safest downhill travel.
- Variable horsepower control (VHPC)
- Two-speed selective reverse gears of RH and RL
- Anti-pitching 4-wheel oil-cooled multiple-disc retarder
- Automatic Idling Setting System (AISS)
- Auto Retard Speed Control (ARSC)
- Fully hydraulic brake system